Table of Contents
- What is Affiliate Marketing?
- How to Start Affiliate Marketing?
- How is affiliate marketing different from influencer marketing?
- 3 Step Process to Start Affiliate Marketing
- Top 8 Affiliate Marketing Platforms with Advantages & Disadvantages
- Is affiliate marketing platforms worth it?
- Income Status of Affiliate Marketers in India
- Get started with Affiliate Marketing
- Frequently Asked Questions.
In today’s digital world, creating a passive income stream online has become increasingly popular. Affiliate marketing is one of the most effective ways to achieve this, by collaborating with businesses to expand their consumer base. According to Influencer Marketing Hub, about 80% of marketers have an affiliate marketing strategy. By transacting online through affiliate marketing platforms, you can earn a significant profit. Whether you work in any business or niche, you can benefit from affiliate marketing in India by using the right techniques and choosing the right platforms.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is the activity of making money from commissions. These are made from products or services sold by affiliate links. It is one of the most trending terms in the digital marketing world today. That’s because –not only is it the most accessible source of making a passive income, but also requires comparatively less effort.
However, before you start, you must learn about the best affiliate marketing platforms. Moreover, ever since introducing the 4-hour workweek system, making money by doing smart work has become everyone’s goal.
So, do you want to make an easy extra income from it? If yes, then you are at the right place. This blog will help you to find out all that you need to know about affiliate marketing. This includes answers to the questions like:
- How to start affiliate marketing?
- What are the best affiliate marketing platforms to make money?
- Is affiliate marketing platforms worth it?
How to Start Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing, as opposed to common belief, is not another online salesman job. Of course, you need to pass on links for people to click on and buy products to make money. But that does not offer a guaranteed income if you don’t know how to promote the products correctly.
At the same time, if you own a business or a blog then affiliate marketing platforms are the best source of adding to your wealth. Therefore, the answer to the question of how to start affiliate marketing includes the following factors-
1. For Bloggers
If you have a blog with many followers, then you can generate enough revenue by using Ad links.
However, some important factors that determine your profits are:
- Connection of product links to your blog’s quality content. Naturally, if you own a fashion blog your followers will be interested in buying things related to that. In this case, you can promote beauty products, clothes, and accessories. This is to increase your chances of people clicking more on these links. It gradually leads to more sales and hence a higher commission.
- Quality of the product. You can try the affiliate product or go through customer reviews before promoting it. You don’t want to mislead your viewers by exposing them to fake companies that sell cheap goods.
Amazon Associates is one of the best affiliate marketing platforms for bloggers. The main reason behind this is the availability of various products. So, there is something for every blog niche.
2. For Business Owners
Businessmen already have some prior marketing knowledge. So, there are many ways in which they can benefit from affiliate marketing. Likewise, whether you are an entrepreneur or a small start-up, affiliate marketing can help to fund your projects without any investment. After all, all you have to do is educate people about the product. Likewise, affiliate marketing platforms can help you produce a great passive income.
How is affiliate marketing different from influencer marketing?
Influencer marketing and affiliate marketing do naturally overlap, but they are not always the same. To grasp the revenue-generating prospects offered by each, it is essential to understand the differences between the two and how each of them functions.
The term “influencer marketing” refers to a partnership between companies and people who already have a significant following (also known as “influencers”), where the latter is compensated to support or advertise the former’s goods and services. It is a marketing technique that helps companies connect with their target market and attempt to “influence” their purchasing decisions.
With affiliate marketing, businesses pay affiliates a commission for each sale they generate promoting their goods and services online. i.e., if a customer purchases the product via a link (or code) that is specific to the affiliate and posted on their website or channel, the affiliate will receive a commission.
It’s hence to choose an affiliate marketing platform wisely fit for all of your needs.
3 Step Process to Start Affiliate Marketing
1. Sign up with an affiliate program:
We have suggested some of the best affiliate programs in the next section of this blog.
2. Create content:
Sharing links is not the only thing in affiliate marketing. You need to write on-point product reviews too to help the buyer decide better. This is what makes some affiliates better sellers than others.
3. Add affiliate links:
You can either post them on social media websites such as Instagram and Facebook. Or, send direct invitations to potential buyers. Additionally, if you own a website, you can add these links there too.
Top 8 Affiliate Marketing Platforms with Advantages & Disadvantages
Now that you know the basics of affiliate marketing, it is important to have a clear idea about India’s best affiliate marketing websites. The first step is to sign up with a reliable affiliate marketing platform. As soon as you do this, you can create your unique links. Following this, share the links on various platforms to make an income from it.
Here are India’s most liked affiliate marketing sites:
- Amazon Associates
- Flipkart Affiliate
- VCommission Affiliate
- Cuelinks Affiliate
- Shopify Affiliate Program
- CJ Affiliate
1. Amazon Associates
Amazon.com is one of the biggest names in the E-Commerce world today. The shopping site selling almost everything online started in 1995 and originally sold books. Because of the wide variety of all kinds of products available on the site, Amazon’s affiliate marketing program is one of India’s high-paying affiliate programs. It is one of the top used affiliate marketing platforms because of the following reasons:
- There is no registration fee for signing up.
- More than 2 million sellers selling all types of goods are available. This gives you the power to choose the products according to your needs.
- Amazon offers great seasonal bonuses every now and then. So, you get special promotions on occasions like Cyber Monday and Black Friday deals.
- Wide range of products
- All purchases made by customers during the cookie’s validity will be credited to you.
- The biggest brand in e-shopping
- Low payout threshold
- A universal cookie is only valid for 24 hours
- Some categories have very low commission
- You need to register separately for different countries.
2. Flipkart Affiliate
When it comes to online shopping, most Indians prefer to shop from Flipkart over Amazon. Henceforth, since the number of people wanting to buy from Flipkart is more, it gives Flipkart affiliates a lead over other affiliate marketing platforms. Moreover, adding Flipkart ad banners to your website can help you earn a 12% commission every time someone buys from your link. Like Amazon, Flipkart also does not charge any money for signing up.
- Easy to join
- Reputed and trustable
- Tons of products you can promote
- Decent commission rate
- Poor implementation of the program
- Tight, lengthy rules.
3. VCommission Affiliate
VCommission affiliate is one of the oldest affiliate marketing platforms having more than 18,000 affiliates. In India, it has become a major leader because of its CPA offers. CPA refers to Cost per Action. It tells about all the details and requirements that must be met by an affiliate during marketing. Moreover, Vcommission has a large network tied with several well-known E-Commerce names like Myntra and Snapdeal. So, you can promote a great number of marketing and digital Solutions.
- Traffic coming from India can be easily captured by promoting Indian products.
- Various tools available for advertisers and affiliates brands, so they can ensure that they will get results with vCommission.
- Real-time tracking is the best feature.
- Because of strong morals and values, it always gives what it says.
- Publishers having good traffic can earn really good returns from it.
- Small publishers can not reach the minimum payment threshold sometime which is $100 and it would take years for them to reach there.
- The bad thing about this network is that its conversion rates and payment levels are really low.
If you are looking for a global affiliate marketing platform, then Admitad is the perfect solution. Being connected with some major global brands like Samsung And Tata Cliq, it offers many ways to step into the affiliate marketing industry.
- Contextual Advertising
- Promo Codes
- Banner Advertising
Additionally, it also allows monetization of content to its publishers. This includes the monetization of social media communities and email newsletters. Lastly, to withdraw your earnings, you must use at least one among the following methods:
- Bank Cards
5. Cuelinks Affiliate
Cuelinks affiliate is one of the easiest-to-use affiliate marketing platforms. Apart from having more than 400 advertisers’, it offers features like:
- Automatic insertion of affiliate links. Suppose you are writing an article about kitchen appliances in India. In this case, it would automatically add an affiliate link to a related product without you having to do anything.
- For the people who use WordPress, you can get free access to the WordPress plugin making the task even simpler.
All in all, it provides a 360 view of your content. This way not only you can drive more sales but also traffic to your website. As a result, causing you to make more money.
DGM is one of India’s most famous digital ad networks. Having established its name 12 years ago in the digital marketing industry, it is no doubt one of the top choices of affiliate marketing platforms all over India.
- You get to choose the campaigns you want to work in.
- Other than earning a commission, you also get rewarded with bonuses for exceeding profit expectations.
However, you must note that not all advertisers will offer you the same fees. When on one hand, some will only pay a small amount from their total earnings. On the other hand, others may agree on a fixed price. But in both cases, you can create a fair income.
- Oldest affiliate platform network
- Tons of products to promote
- Own tracking platform
- Pay-out is not very competitive
7. Shopify Affiliate Program
Affiliate marketing for beginners on Shopify Affiliate Program is just a piece of cake. It is one of the best affiliate marketing platforms especially if you have no experience in marketing. This is because of:
- It is quick to start
- Easy to use
Again, it has affiliates from all fields including:
- Content Creators
- Top-notch Influencers
Therefore, because it is an all-in-one affiliate marketing program, it keeps up with its name. Thereby, providing the right Shopify partner support to make things easier. As a result, you can drive more traffic and increase public engagement. And hence, make more affiliate sales. In short, the access to tutorial tools makes Shopify the most versatile among various affiliate marketing platforms in India.
- Great product
- Good support
- High demand solution
- High conversion to sales
- High ticket sale potential
- You can be banned
- It’s not a recurring commission so your income can fluctuate from month to month
8. CJ Affiliate
CJ affiliate is another great option for beginners. Since it has 14 offices worldwide it is one of the top international favorite affiliate marketing platforms of 2021.
Key features of CJ Affiliate
- Cookie-less tracking enables smooth tracking across all devices and environments.
- Offers a large number of choices. Thus, you can choose the finest digital marketing services to promote on your blog.
- Publishers can maximize the price of affiliate partnerships on CJ.
Besides this, this is one of the affiliate marketing platforms that connect with leading brands such as GoPro and Office Depot. So, you never run out of great deals to offer to your audience.
- Trusted by the world’s largest brands for their affiliate needs.
- Extremely robust reporting infrastructure.
- Access to trusted fraud detection software.
- The onboarding process can be quite long to get up and running.
- This affiliate marketing platform is built for more experienced affiliate marketers.
- An affiliate network is historically built for B2C brands, rather than B2B companies.
Is affiliate marketing platforms worth it?
Money is the most important asset and necessity of all times. After all, whether it is food, shelter or fun, you need money for everything. Affiliate marketing platforms, therefore, are a great money-making system. In particular, if you want to get into the digital marketing and business field then this can be a great start. Since most of the top business people and entrepreneurs do affiliate marketing on the side, it is no doubt worth giving a try.
Still, the amount of money you make will largely depend upon your advertising and convincing skills. This means that to start you need first to prep up your communication skills. Plus, a good review writing ability is not needed but surely makes you better than your competitors as an affiliate.
Income Status of Affiliate Marketers in India
According to Glassdoor, the average salary of an affiliate marketer in India is almost Rs. 19000 per month. It starts from Rs. 11,000 and goes up to Rs. 26,000. In fact, as you level up your skill and network you can earn even more.
Get started with Affiliate Marketing
One way to extract maximum money through affiliate links is to research the most trending products and become a part of trusted affiliate marketing platforms. The high-in-demand goods popular amongst your viewers is what will get you the most cash out of them. So, choose the product, get the link and apply the right marketing strategies to win the affiliate marketing game.
Frequently Asked Questions
What platform is best for affiliate marketing?
One of the most reputable affiliate marketing platforms is Amazon. It’s the most preferred affiliate networks for a variety of reasons. This programme is even more useful because you get paid a commission on every new item a referral buys, even if it’s not the one you connected to making it very reputable.
Which platform is best for affiliate marketing for beginners?
The best affiliate marketing network for beginners is the Flipkart Affiliate Program. The registration hardly requires any time and you can easily promote from a wide variety of products. Moreover, the pay-out is timely and the commissions earned is significant. A user can easily register for the Flipkart Affiliate Program.
What is the highest-paying affiliate program?
One of the highest-paying affiliate programs is Amazon Associate. It boasts of a low payment threshold and the commission rates from 1-10%. It’s very user-friendly and the affiliate marketer can promote a wide variety of products easily. Moreover, since it’s one of the biggest names in e-commerce, the program is very reputable and trusted.
What is an affiliate marketing platform?
An affiliate marketing platform is a vendor that facilitates all bases of affiliate management. This includes onboarding, tracking and reporting sales and clicks, managing referrals, optimizing site traffic, and paying commissions. Knowing which initiatives are doing well allows you to grow your affiliate marketing program more effectively.